World Refugee Day 2004 National Activity Plan: Republic of Korea
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2004
From 16-18 June, UNHCR will hold a photo exhibition in the lobby of the UNHCR office in Seoul.
On 18 June, UNHCR's implementing partner, MINBYUN, will organise a forum on "Refugees and asylum seekers in Korea" at the National Human Rights Commission in Seoul.
- Syrian car mechanic struggles to ply his trade in the safe haven of Seoul
- South Korean charity opens a new world to two refugee women
- Milestone in Asia as Ethiopian man is granted South Korean citizenship
- UNHCR protection chief applauds Japan and South Korea, asks them to be better Asian role models
- South Korean cartoon hero becomes UNHCR Goodwill Envoy