World Refugee Day 2004: Austria
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2004
A billboard campaign to dispel myths about asylum seekers was organised with the assistance of UNHCR's Austrian website. A press conference also took place to launch the campaign. Free cards were distributed. Media Interviews were given.
The World Refugee Day spot, "The letter", was broadcast on television.
- Syria Crisis: UNHCR urges European Union states to honour their asylum system principles
- UNHCR launches campaign to debunk asylum myths in Austria
- Central, Eastern Europe aim to improve refugee status decisions
- Q&A: Ambush in Somalia fails to deter Austrian aid worker
- UNHCR picks up prestigious Austrian award for interactive game