World Refugee Day 2004: Guatemala
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2004
UNHCR's implementing partner organised a refugee meeting to welcome refugees who have completed the local integration process in Guatemala. This meeting encouraged refugees to share their experiences with each other.
- UNHCR calls for urgent action as Central America asylum claims soar
- As gang violence worsens, more Salvadorans flee
- UNHCR warns of "looming refugee crisis" in the Americas
- Guatemalan refugees express love for their new land
- From refugee to citizen: a Guatemalan in Mexico