World Refugee Day 2004: El Salvador
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2004
An ecumenical celebration was carried out at the Cuscatlán Park, which is dedicated to the civil victims of human rights violations. A special World Refugee Day stamp was issued by the Salvadoran Post Office.
- UNHCR calls for urgent action as Central America asylum claims soar
- As gang violence worsens, more Salvadorans flee
- Stabbed 58 times, transgender woman flees El Salvador
- UNHCR warns of "looming refugee crisis" in the Americas
- Fleeing gangs, Salvadoran tailors make new life in Mexico