- Text size | | |
National Activity Plan 2006: Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2006
- A concert will be organized in Suto Orizari Municipality square where most of the Roma refugees are accommodated. A refugee band supported by famous local singers will perform.
- Refugee children painting exhibition will be organized in the school where most of them are attending regular school classes. At the same time, refugee women will exhibit their handicrafts. They will be joined by NGOs for local women.
- To draw the attention of the local media on the most vulnerable population category, refugee children will visit one of the national TV stations and national TV stations will broadcast the UNHCR World Refugee Day film.
- Press conference.
- UNHCR assists refugees at Greece-FYR Macedonia border, where calm is returning
- UNHCR voices concern about developments at border of FYR Macedonia and Greece
- FYR Macedonian woman dubbed 'Refugees' Angel' by those on the 'Balkan route'
- One Macedonian town's waste is refugees' livelihood
- Roma refugees see music as their route to self-reliance