National Activity Plan 2006: Denmark, Finland, Lithuania and Sweden
- Collect from the state church / Danske Folkekirke on Sunday 18 June. (Denmark).
- Information and fundraising campaigns in other religious communities, including Muslim community and non state Christian churches. (Denmark).
- Debate in the parliament organized by Islamic and Christian Organizations. (Denmark).
- Finnish Refugee Council and Amnesty International will organize nightly walks in cities all around Finland to symbolize the effort many refugee children have to make every day in order to get access to shelter and school. (Finland).
- Seminar on African refugees in the Finnish parliament. (Finland).
- Médecins sans Frontières and Clowns without Borders will develop a spring campaign to inform schools and others about refugee issues, and to promote student participation in a fundraising event 10 May (Sweden).
- Mayor event to be organized in a main square of Stockholm with artists. (Sweden).
- Main ceremony to be organized in Stockholm, with prominent participants, together with main religious communities in the country. (Sweden).
- Participate at the Tylösand Conference which focuses on integration. The participants are municipality politicians from the whole country. (Sweden).
- Organization of workshop or seminar for politicians in Gotland together with UNDP and the UN-Association. One week public awareness campaign. (Sweden).
- In the Refugee Centre, events such as discussion clubs, to talk about integration from the refugee point of view, refugee women and children, tolerance and non-discrimination will be organized. Language classes will be organized for the guests. Also there will be a press conference and a National cuisine fair. (Lithuania).
- Public concert with participation of refugees and famous singers/groups. (Lithuania).
Related news and stories
Photography student from Mosul focuses lens on new life in Finland
Architect helps Syrian trio build new lives in Sweden
Swedish same-sex couple welcome Muslim family
Behind the scenes of "Where the Children Sleep"
Where the Children Sleep