World Refugee Day 2007 National Activities: Armenia
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2007
A roundtable discussion was held on the problems that refugees face in accessing basic services such as housing and health.
In cooperation with the Cultural Association of Refugees, UNHCR on 20 June presented a book of stories and poems written by refugees, naturalized former refugees and native Armenians. Refugees and locals took part in a WRD concert.
- Refugees in Armenia get wired for work
- UNHCR inaugurates residential block for Iraqi refugees in Armenia
- An Iraqi Armenian teen shows the way to a new life
- Nansen Award winner Kanai uses prize to help in Armenia and Azerbaijan
- Artistic appreciation and tolerance in an Armenian village