World Refugee Day 2007 National Activities: Cambodia
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2007
The third Refugee Film Week was organized from 14-20 June in cooperation with the French Cultural Centre and the French Embassy. There were 12 screenings of nine films about and by refugees. For the first time, two films were dubbed in Khmer.
General interviews on radio and TV stations covered the day. Games, performances and activities were organized for Montagnards from Viet Nam.
- Thousands of stateless people given nationality in Thailand
- Statelessness: Former refugees win citizenship, and now dream of home ownership
- Viet Nam ends stateless limbo for 2,300 former Cambodians
- Q&A: A humble rice farmer from Cambodia teaches reconciliation
- Refugee women crochet up sweaters, self-esteem and camaraderie