World Refugee Day 2007 National Activities: Nigeria
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2007
AIT radio station ran a programme on 19 June highlighting UNHCR activities on voluntary repatriation of Liberian refugees, local integration of the remaining caseload and reintegration activities in Taraba State.
On 20 June, UNHCR Representative Alphonse Malanda took part in a live discussion on national TV. The head of the Lagos office, Kouame Cyr Modeste, also appeared on the station and discussed the voluntary repatriation of Liberian refugees and the local integration of the remaining caseload.
- NE Nigeria insecurity sees refugee outflows spreading to Cameroon
- More than 6,000 people flee to Niger from north-east Nigeria
- Statelessness: UNHCR hails new support, urges more action on treaties
- Aid worker calls for action to protect child "witches" from abuse
- Refugee herdsmen return to Nigeria