World Refugee Day 2007 National Activities: Nigeria
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2007
AIT radio station ran a programme on 19 June highlighting UNHCR activities on voluntary repatriation of Liberian refugees, local integration of the remaining caseload and reintegration activities in Taraba State.
On 20 June, UNHCR Representative Alphonse Malanda took part in a live discussion on national TV. The head of the Lagos office, Kouame Cyr Modeste, also appeared on the station and discussed the voluntary repatriation of Liberian refugees and the local integration of the remaining caseload.
- UNHCR concerned as hundreds flee attacks in Nigeria's Lake Chad region
- Niger's Diffa district provides shelter for Nigerians fleeing violence
- UNHCR urges against forced returns to Nigeria amid rising violence in the north
- NE Nigeria insecurity sees refugee outflows spreading to Cameroon
- More than 6,000 people flee to Niger from north-east Nigeria