World Refugee Day 2007 National Activities: Malawi
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2007
WRD events included plays, songs, poems, dances and drama on the themes of coexistence and caring for the environment. The various activities reminded participants about the importance of ensuring a sustainable use of natural resources and protecting the environment to safeguard the livelihood of refugees and the host communities. A football match was organized between refugees and the Malawi police.
- UNHCR begins relocating Mozambican asylum-seekers in Malawi
- Guitars from Malawi camp hit right note with musicians around the world
- Growing number of Mozambicans flee to Malawi
- UNHCR stresses asylum right of Mozambicans fleeing to Malawi
- UNHCR Malawi helps flood victims to rebuild shattered lives