World Refugee Day 2007 National Activities: Malawi
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2007
WRD events included plays, songs, poems, dances and drama on the themes of coexistence and caring for the environment. The various activities reminded participants about the importance of ensuring a sustainable use of natural resources and protecting the environment to safeguard the livelihood of refugees and the host communities. A football match was organized between refugees and the Malawi police.
- Education programme in Malawi gives hope to refugees
- US journalism students create website to record visits to refugee camps
- UNHCR and Malawi register all refugees and asylum seekers
- UNHCR fits Malawi's refugees into one camp
- Luwani Refugee Camp in Malawi closes as UNHCR moves last residents