World Refugee Day 2007 National Activities: Tajikistan
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2007
On 20 June, UNHCR held a cultural event which focused on the skills and contributions of refugees to Tajik society. Refugees talked about the things they had learnt in vocational courses and some were given tools to help them become self-sufficient. The WRD event also featured a group of refugee and local children performing role plays on tolerance education.
- UNHCR and Tajikistan agree on integration of refugees
- Refugees craft future in Central Asia
- UNHCR deplores forced return of Afghan refugee family from Tajikistan
- Over 10,000 Tajik refugees to become citizens in Turkmenistan
- Feature: UNHCR helps women to heal the wounds of war in Tajikistan