What to expect working for UNHCR
- Our core values are integrity, professionalism and respect for diversity.
- We put people first – the needs of people forced to flee are at the heart of everything we do.
- We go wherever we are needed and get the job done – our staff work in more than 125 countries, often in extremely difficult conditions.
- We support resilience – we work with those in need, affording them dignity and respect.
- We protect people’s rights – we work to safeguard the rights of those who have been forced to flee their homes or are deprived of a nationality.
- We deliver the best possible outcome – we are focused on protecting refugees and displaced communities forced to flee, and developing solutions to support people in their quest to restart their lives and build a better future.
Diversity and inclusion
UNHCR’s workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. We seek to sustain and strengthen this diversity and to ensure equal opportunities, as well as an inclusive working environment, for our entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.