High Commissioner Structured Dialogue with IFRC and the NGOs
In 2012, the High Commissioner launched a special dialogue process with representatives and members of ICVA, InterAction and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), to review the quality of our partnership. The Dialogue produced recommendations to which UNHCR and partners are committed.
To find out more, please see the three sets of documents below.
HC Structured Dialogue – Field Mission Reports
- High Commissioner Structured Dialogue on UNHCR‐IFRC‐NGO Partnership- San Salvador Mission Report 9 Nov 2016
- High Commissioner Structured Dialogue on UNHCR‐IFRC‐NGO Partnership- San Salvador Mission Report (in Spanish) 9 Nov 2016
- Tanzania HC Structured Dialogue mission report Oct 2016
Thematic discussion papers jointly developed and discussed during the Dialogue
- Partnership Overarching Feb 2017
- Strengthening Capacity through UNHCR–NGO Partnerships to Assist Refugees and Other Persons of Concern 11 Dec 2013
- Advocating together for the protection of persons of concern 18 Feb 2013
Guidance notes jointly developed by UNHCR and NGOs to support partnership in the field
- NGO partnership and Dialogue in the field (French) Feb 2017
- The Institutionalization of the High Commissioner's Structured Dialogue on the NGO-IFRC-UNHCR Partnership - Lessons learned 2014-2016 Oct 2016
- Guidance note for urban refugee programming 23 Sep 2013