High Commissioner Structured Dialogue with IFRC and the NGOs
In 2012, the High Commissioner launched a special dialogue process with representatives and members of ICVA, InterAction and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), to review the quality of our partnership. The Dialogue produced recommendations to which UNHCR and partners are committed.
To find out more, please see the three sets of documents below.
HC Structured Dialogue – Field Mission Reports
- Multi-stakeholder Workshop: Towards an understanding and application of the 'whole-of-society approach', Costa Rica Dec 2017
- High Commissioner Structured Dialogue on UNHCR‐IFRC‐NGO Partnership- Greece Mission Report 12-14 Dec 2016 Aug 2017
- High Commissioner Structured Dialogue on UNHCR‐IFRC‐NGO Partnership- San Salvador Mission Report 9 Nov 2016
Thematic discussion papers jointly developed and discussed during the Dialogue
- Partnership Overarching Feb 2017
- Strengthening Capacity through UNHCR–NGO Partnerships to Assist Refugees and Other Persons of Concern 11 Dec 2013
- Advocating together for the protection of persons of concern 18 Feb 2013
Guidance notes jointly developed by UNHCR and NGOs to support partnership in the field
- Guidance note on Partnership in Advocacy for Protection Jul 2018
- Operational Guidance on Complementary Capacity Strengthening for UNHCR and its NGO Partners May 2018
- NGO partnership and Dialogue in the field (French) Feb 2017