What We Do
UNHCR works to protect and assist refugees everywhere.
- The Global Compact on Refugees
- Our fight against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment
- What We Do in Malaysia
- Community-based Protection in Malaysia
- Asylum and Migration
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Coordinating Assistance
- Ending Statelessness
- Environment, Disasters and Climate Change
- Livelihoods and Economic Inclusion
- Public Health
- Safeguarding Individuals
We strive to ensure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge in another State, with the option to eventually return home, integrate or resettle.
During times of displacement, we provide critical emergency assistance in the form of clean water, sanitation and healthcare, as well as shelter, blankets, household goods and sometimes food. We also arrange transport and assistance packages for people who return home, and income-generating projects for those who resettle.
Our help transforms broken lives.
We work hard to help millions of people all over the world rebuild broken lives.