Consultations on UNHCR's Budget Structure
1. A further round of consultations took place on 22 January 1999. The meeting considered two documents: Resourcing and Managing a Unified Budget (SC/Budget/1) and Proposed Structure: Annual Programme Budget (SC/ Budget/2).
2. The meeting expressed overall satisfaction with the proposed budget structure. A number of delegations indicated some areas where fine tuning could be made, for example, in relation to the description of individual programme outputs and indicators.
3. It was agreed that there should be one Operational Reserve, along the lines set out in the Annex 4 to Resourcing and Managing a Unified Budget (SC/Budget/1), attached to this conference room paper as Annex 2.
4. On the issue of resource mobilization, it was proposed that there would be further consultations.
5. Following the formal endorsement of the proposed unified budget structure by the Standing Committee, the views of the ACABQ will be sought as soon as practicable, with a view to implementing the unified budget structure for the 2000 programme year.
6. For ease of reference, the document entitled Proposed Structure: Annual Programme Budget (SC/Budget/2) is attached to this conference room paper as Annex 1.
(Note: Tabular Annex 1 not included in this online version. See your nearest UN Depository Library.)