National Activity Plan 2005: Argentina
20 June 2005
- Broadcast of WRD TV and radio spots and publication of ads in the press.
- Distribution of press kits and materials on refugees in the region and on UNHCR's programmes.
- Coliseo theatre, Buenos Aires: Concert in partnership with the government and with the participation of Greek composer and director Yannis Markopoulos (composer of music used in the 2004 Olympic Games).
- WRD banners displayed on field during National League Football matches on weekend prior to WRD, in partnership with the National Football Association, AFA.
- Party and cultural activities with refugees and UNHCR's local partner.
- University of Buenos Aires: "Shooting Cameras for Peace", a photo exhibition of works by Colombian children.
- Mar del Plata: Three UNHCR photo exhibitions, featuring refugee women and children.