National Activity Plan 2005: Belgium
20 June 2005
- 19 June, 13h00 to 19h00: C'est la Fête au Village! Outdoor music festival. Collège Saint-Michel, Etterbeek, Brussels.
- Portraits with individual messages will be projected at the "Communication house" covered with a UNHCR canvas.
- Broadcast of events being held at C'est la Fête au Village! on national and regional TVs and radio stations.
- 22 June, 17h30, Concert Noble, Brussels: The 2005 Nansen Refugee Award ceremony. Attended by HRH Princess Mathilde, new High Commissioner António Guterres, UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador Julien Clerc, and the award-winner, Marguerite Barankitse. TV presenter Phara de Aguirre will be the Master of Ceremony. Musical interludes performed by the finalists of the Queen Elisabeth International Music Competition.
- 15 June, 9h00 to 13h00, Passage Room, Résidence Palace, Brussels: Conference for media on "Aliens in the Media: Reporting on Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Europe". For further information contact Ciara Mc Kenna at [email protected], 02 2503220 or visit www.jrseurope.org.
- 19 June, 12h00 to 23h00: Fedasil's open day at the Petit-Château, Brussels. Programme: Circus, concerts, carousel and inflatable castles for children. Also, the UNHCR stand will screen videos and children animations.