National Activity Plan 2005: Czech Republic
20 June 2005
- Information campaign promoting WRD and refugee issues in Prague's public transport, including screening of WRD videospot in Metro stations (16-23 June) and display of posters in the metro trains (16-30 June).
- WRD promotional campaign at every National Theatre premises.
- Special WRD cards ("Most people travel for fun. Refugees travel from fear") will be sent out by major travel companies with every airline ticket in the week preceding WRD.
- 20 June: Info stands on WRD and refugee issues will be located by the Centre for Integration of Foreigners (Prague-based NGO) in 6 towns around the Czech Republic.
- Traditional Best Refugee Students ceremony in recognition of top school achievement of refugee and asylum-seeker children will be held under the auspices of the Czech Government Commissioner for Human Rights.
- Prague Letna Park: Concert of refugee bands. Programme includes photo exhibition, samples of refugees' cuisine, and info on WRD, UNHCR and NGO partners.
- Popular bands performing on 20 June wearing UNHCR's "Einstein was also a refugee" T-shirts.
- Colourful outdoor exhibition in the centre of Prague showing life-challenging stories shared by refugees and Czech personalities. A large white space will be provided to encourage exhibit-goers to share their experiences of courage. Activity is carried out by OPU, a Prague-based NGO.
- OPU's fashion show in the pedestrian zone of Prague by African refugee designer and Bosnian refugee make-up artist. Teenage recognized refugees and OPU volunteers will be modelling.
- 16 June: Law School of the Masaryk University, Brno: One-day conference on asylum.
- For more information go to www.unhcr.cz.