National Activity Plan 2006: Serbia and Montenegro
20 June 2006
- Throughout the month of June Literary competitions with the theme "HOPE" will be launched in primary schools throughout Serbia and Montenegro. The authors of best compositions will be awarded.
- Workshops on self-employment, vocational training courses, and lectures on economic sustainability are planned, specially targeting the most vulnerable groups, organized in municipalities with the largest concentration of refugees and IDPs.
- In the second half of the month, concerts, photo exhibitions, sales exhibitions of arts, crafts and refugee handiwork, workshops will be staged. Literary evenings with refugees and internally displaced persons reading their poetry have been planned as well as book promotions.
- On the 20 June, a round table about the problems faced by privately accommodated refugees will be held; "Studies about Exile" - a collection of works of prominent experts looking at the problems of refugees from different aspects - will be promoted.
- In the context of the World Cup, a football tournament will be staged in a Belgrade primary school in the municipality with the high percentage of refugee pupils. The title of the tournament is "Play for Hope, Play for Education" and the opening game will be played by staff from UNHCR, International Aid Network and the Office of the Trustee for Refugees. The game will be followed by a cultural programme. An exhibition of refugee handicraft and traditional foods will be organized in one of the most beautiful halls in Belgrade.
- On 20 June, in Podgorica, Montenegro further to the literary competitions for primary school pupils, UNHCR posters will be put up on two billboards.
- Throughout the second half of the month of June, UNHCR World Refugee Day 2006 TV Spot on Hope will be aired on the main TV stations - RTS and RTCG as well as the local TV stations. Local electronic and printed media will also run the clips/stories about displaced populations.
- World Refugee Day posters and leaflets have been distributed throughout the country.
Kosovo province of Serbia and Montenegro
- Posters (Albanian/Serbian) will be displayed on local transport buses in Prishtine/Pristina town.
- Radio Spots will be distributed throughout Kosovo to multi-ethnic radio stations.
- World Refugee Day Posters (Kosovo) will be published on the back cover of the next edition of Focus (before 19 June).