Where we work
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is present in 137 countries to protect people forced to flee.
We deliver life-saving aid to people displaced by conflict and persecution, and ensure those trapped in limbo and unable to return home can access health care, education and livelihoods so they can live in dignity.
We support countries that continue to generously host refugees, and advocate at the highest levels of government for the rights of all displaced people and those denied a nationality, everywhere.
Almost 90 per cent of our workforce is based in the field. The remaining 10 per cent are based at our Geneva Headquarters, or our Global Service Centres in Budapest, Copenhagen and Amman.
Find a specific country
Browse by country to find information on UNHCR's work and contact details for the local office.
UNHCR regional offices
Select a region to learn more about our work and local partnerships.
Are you a refugee, asylum-seeker or stateless person looking for help?
Visit our HELP site for information on asylum procedures, legal assistance, education and other services in the country of your interest.