But we need your help.
There are many ways you can help UNHCR. One is to make a donation, which will go straight towards our worldwide field operations. It's an easy process and you can give however much you want – everything helps.
Another way to help is to raise awareness, joining us on our social networks or helping to fundraise in your local communities.
We also welcome interns and UN volunteers at our headquarters and elsewhere.
Keep up to date with the latest news and stories
- Follow our global Twitter account at @refugees and find and follow your local UNHCR country office account
- Follow us on Facebook @UNHCR
- See our photos from the field on Instagram @refugees
- Watch our latest videos on Youtube
- Sign up to receive our newsletter
And don’t forget to share our posts with your friends.
Discover the many ways you can help UNHCR
Donating money is an easy process. You can give any amount, and all of it will go straight to helping our field operations around the world.
If you have any questions about making a donation, please visit our frequently asked questions section.
💼 Become a volunteer
Learn what it takes to become a volunteer on the ground and learn more about the process by visiting UN Volunteers. There are also opportunities for online volunteers with the Online Volunteer service.
💼 Find an internship
We welcome applications from everyone and take a select number of interns throughout the year.
📊 Find open data
To allow developers to create useful tools, we have opened up our data portal. Information can be accessed either through our open API or downloaded as csv files. For information about population statistics since 1951, you can visit our population stats site. For protection reasons, some data has been redacted.
📚 Access classroom materials
To help children of all ages learn about refugee issues, we have produced a range of teaching materials and selected online resources for teachers. Find out more and to sign up here:
👩💻 Help rebuild lives
There are many practical ways businesses can help, ranging from helping refugees create cooperatives and strengthen business skills to employing skilled and trained people. Find out if your company could help by visiting our Livelihoods section.
🗓️ Organize an event
Would you like to support UNHCR’s special events or help spread the word about people who have been forced to flee? There are many ways that you can contribute and participate. Here are some ideas:
- Host a World Refugee Day party – screen a topical film about the forcibly displaced or celebrate multiculturalism.
- Organize a discussion at your home, place of worship, or community centre on refugee issues. Contact your nearest UNHCR office and ask for ideas, and maybe even a speaker.
- Hold a debate on a topic important to you – for example, who is a refugee? What rights do refugees have? What is shelter? What can individuals and communities do to help?