Only one person crossed the border into northern Albania yesterday - the lowest daily number since the influx began on 27 March. The one person to cross was from Prizren, a man who was picked up at his work place late Wednesday and told he would be expelled the next day. For the last several weeks, the Serbian authorities seem to have been picking up educated and skilled people at their workplaces and expelling them.
At the border between Kosovo and the FYR of Macedonia, at Blace, one train arrived yesterday at the General Jankovic station with 47 passengers on board who were all allowed to cross even though many did not have passports and some did not even have ID cards. The new arrivals originally came from the Urosevac area but said they had been expelled from their homes three days after the NATO action started and had been roaming in the hills since then. They said that many other people are waiting for a chance to leave.
In Montenegro, there has been a steady stream of arrivals this week, although exact numbers are difficult to ascertain since some new arrivals go directly to the coastal municipality of Ulcinj and others stop in Rozaje. Rozaje municipality reports around 1,700 people arrived since Monday. The new arrivals are coming on foot. They are mainly from the Pec and Srbica areas, many are young men coming alone. Like the new arrivals in Macedonia, they say they have been on the move for weeks, fleeing from one village to another.