National Activity Plan 2005: Nepal
Bhutanese refugee camps in Jhapa and Morang districts of eastern Nepal (7 camps)
- 20 June: Photo competition on a day in the life of a refugee. The best three photographs from each refugee camp will be developed into posters.
- 13-27 June: Exhibition of pictures and posters of different camp situations.
- 20-21 June: Sports competition for school children. Two winners for each competition will be awarded with children's books from UNICEF.
Tibetan Reception Centre, Kathmandu
- 20 June: Art/painting session for children. Art papers and colours will be provided. All the paintings will be exhibited at the TRC from 21 to 30 June.
- 20 June: Screening of UNHCR documentary, "Working with Refugees".
- 21 June: Health awareness session to be conducted by doctors from Patan Hospital, Kathmandu.
Damak, Jhapa district
- 22 June: Screening of UNHCR documentary, "Working with Refugees", translated into Nepali and distribution of an information kit with a press release, UNHCR mission statement, and a brief on the situation of refugees in Nepal.
- 22 June: Exhibition of products made by Bhutanese refugees in the refugee camps.
- 22 June: Presenting of UNHCR publications to a Government College in Damak.
Tribuvan University, Kathmandu
- 27 June: Screening of UNHCR documentaries, "Working with Refugees" and "Facing Our Future", and presentation on the role of UNHCR globally and in Nepal.
- Presenting of UNHCR publications to the TU's library.
- 19 and 20 June: Telecast of UNHCR documentary, "Working with Refugees", on national TV.
- 20 June: Interview of UNHCR Representative in Nepal will be published in The Kathmandu Post and Rising Nepal (both English) and in Kantipur (Nepali).
- 14-20 June: WRD radio and TV spot will be aired twice daily on Kantipur FM and Kantipur Television.