Report on Credentials
In accordance with rule 2 of the rules of Procedure of the Conference, the President and Vice-Presidents have examined the credentials of representatives and have the honour to report as follows to the Conference:
1. The following 26 governments have designated representatives to the Conference:
AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, CANADA, COLOMBIA, DENMARK, EGYPT, FRANCE, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY, GREECE, HOLY SEE, IRAQ, ISRAEL, ITALY, LUXEMBOURG, MONACO, NETHERLANDS, NORWAY, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND (the Swiss delegation is also representing LIECHTENSTEIN), TURKEY, UNITED KINGDOM, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, VENEZUELA, YUGOSLAVIA.
A. REPRESENTATIVES OF GOVERNMENTS AUTHORIZED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONFERENCE.
2. The representatives of the following 25 Governments have submitted satisfactory credentials and other communications of appointment authorizing them to participate in the Conference of Plenipotentiaries on the Status of Refugees and Stateless Persons:
AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, CANADA, COLOMBIA, DENMARK, EGYPT, FRANCE, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY, HOLY SEE, IRAQ, ISRAEL, ITALY, LUXEMBOURG, MONACO, NETHERLANDS, NORWAY, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND (also for LIECHTENSTEIN), TURKEY, UNITED KINGDOM, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, VENEZUELA, YUGOSLAVIA.
3. The Executive Secretary of the Conference has received a letter signed on behalf of the Greek Minister in Switzerland informing him of the appointment of the Greek delegation. The representative of GREECE has not yet submitted his credentials.
B. REPRESENTATIVES OF GOVERNMENTS AUTHORIZED TO SIGN THE INSTRUMENTS PREPARED BY THE CONFERENCE.
4. The plenipotentiaries of the following 11 Governments have produced due authority enabling them to sign, on behalf of their respective Governments, the diplomatic instruments to be drawn up by the Conference:
AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, DENMARK, HOLY SEE, LUXEMBOURG, MONACO, NORWAY, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND (also on behalf of LIECHTENSTEIN), UNITED KINGDOM, YUGOSLAVIA.
5. Cables have been received from the Ministers of foreign affairs of BRAZIL, ISRAEL and TURKEY
Stating that the representatives of these three countries are entitled to sign on behalf of their respective Governments the instruments to be drawn up by Conference. These cables further state that formal credentials have been despatched.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of COLOMBIA, in a letter received by the Secretary-General, states that the representative of this country will be provided with the necessary power to sign, in the name of the Government of Colombia, the Convention and Protocol on the Status of Refugees and Stateless Persons.
The formal credentials enabling the representatives of the four countries mentioned above to sign have not yet been submitted.