National Activity Plan 2006: Panama
20 June 2006
- In order to achieve legal and socio-economic integration for the long standing urban caseload in Panama, journalists will visit urban refugee families.
- Outstanding issues for regularization of persons under the Temporary Humanitarian Protection (THP) at the border will be raised at meetings and forums.
- Local sporting events will be held in border communities. These activities will bring refugee and local populations together.
- In coordination with local schools, arts competitions will be organized.
- To illustrate to the general public how refugees in Panama make a positive contribute to society, a photo exhibition will be held to give visibility to World Refugee Day.
- To change negative perceptions about refugees and asylum seekers, refugee youth and students will participate in a radio programme.