National Activity Plan 2006: Romania
20 June 2006
- This year, UNHCR has worked with the Ministry of Administration and Interior and the National Refugee Office, to organize the World Refugee Day.
- To increase public awareness and understanding of refugee issues among the local populations, presentations will be delivered jointly by UNHCR and its partners to students in high schools and the various faculties: Law, Political Sciences, Social Assistance, Journalism, Communication and Public Relations.
- Produce and broadcast a documentary on asylum and refugee issues in Romania.
- A seminar with journalists will be held. The lecturers will be representatives of institutions involved in the asylum field as well as journalists already familiar with refugee related issues; a foreign journalist, experienced in covering refugee issues will also be invited.
- A concert with a refugee band and a Romanian band will be organized. Traditional food will be available as well as sporting activities for refugees.