About the partnership
Locations: Bangladesh, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Myanmar, Somalia, Syria and Yemen
Qatar Charity has been a strategic partner of UNCHR since 2012 with total contributions reaching some USD 48,957,525 for IDPs in Iraq, Yemen, Somalia, and Syria and for refugees in Lebanon, Jordan, and Myanmar and reaching more than 1.5 million beneficiaries.
One of the breakthrough agreements signed with Qatar Charity in 2018 is funding our Zakat programme with US$10 million for the provision of cash assistance for vulnerable Syrian refugees in Lebanon and Jordan.
Impact at a glance
- Over 1.5 million refugees and internally displaced people have benefitted from Qatar Charity’s contributions.
- Close to USD 49 million contributed to UNHCR’s operations globally.
- The partnership has helped provide basic assistance, cash assistance, infrastructure, WASH and core relief items.
Sustainable Development Goals in focus
- SDG1 No Poverty
- SDG3 Good Health and Well-being
- SDG6 Clean Water and Sanitation
- SDG10 Reduced Inequality
- SDG17 Partnerships to achieve the Goals