Frequently Asked Questions - Private Sector Partnerships
- Why doesn’t UNHCR have a tax-deductible status?
We are looking into ways of gaining tax deductible status, but this will take some time. We will inform donors when the status changes.
In the meantime, we greatly appreciate the generosity of people who want to help refugees whether or not they get a tax advantage.
- What percentage of the funds raised goes to helping refugees?
100 per cent of your donation will be allocated directly to UNHCR’s work in protecting and finding long term solutions for refugees in Malaysia.
- How does UNHCR utilise all the funds raised?
The breakdown of UNHCR’s programme costs are as follows:
- 98% for programmes (protection, assistance, long-term solutions)
- 2% for administrative costs
- 1% for fundraising and awareness-raising
- Is there an external auditing company that conducts audits for UNHCR?
UNHCR is under a community of auditors called International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) where UNHCR provides greater levels of detail on its financial and results information. These results are available for public viewing here.
- Will I receive a receipt for my donation to UNHCR?
Yes, UNHCR issues receipts annually, in the month of March, every year. This receipt will reflect donations made to UNHCR in the previous year.
Please be informed that this is NOT a tax-deductible receipt.
For all donor and fundraising related inquiries, you can reach us directly at:
Email: [email protected]
Tel : +(603) 27732828