National Activity Plan 2005: Timor-Leste
20 June 2005
- 20 May, Dili: Drawing competition at UNHCR compound involving 30 primary school children on refugee issues.
- 10 June: One-day seminar at UNPAZ campus on refugees, asylum seekers and WRD run by law students from all universities with support from UNHCR staff and partners. Open to students, NGOs, government officials and media. Key speakers from UNHCR, the Immigration Department, Assessor for Reconciliation to President and Foreign Ministry.
- 20 May: Interactive debate on national TV about awareness of refugee and asylum seeker issues and the 1951 Convention.
- 15 June: TV show on "Refugee Rights are Human Rights" and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights to be broadcast with Tetun subtitles.
- 1-20 June: Broadcast of WRD spots as well as a spot on "Refugee definition and the responsibility of countries to receive refugees" on national TV and radio stations.
- 15-20 June: Daily broadcast of Timor-Leste's President Xanana Gusmão's statement of support for worldwide refugee protection on national TV/radio.