UNHCR’s greatest asset is our workforce. We work with passionate, talented, and creative individuals who want to use their skills for good. Thanks to people like you, we can develop solutions that enable people who have been forced to flee to restart their lives and build better futures.
All vacancies are filled at the moment.
How To Apply
- Candidates applying for fixed-term International Professional job openings, Temporary Appointments, Consultancies, General Service roles, National Professional roles, Internships or to a Talent Pool should register and complete an online profile in the UNHCR recruitment platform.
- The system will save your profile, making it easier to apply for other positions with UNHCR in the future.
- Once registered, you can then select specific open positions (job requisitions) or Talent Pool profiles (evergreen requisitions).
- To apply for a role, click on the title of the post and then click Apply at the top of the job posting.
- Please note that applications must be submitted in English.
- Only fully completed applications are accepted.
- When creating your application, please regularly save the draft.
- For advertised posts, applications must be received before the closing date as stated on the job posting. Applications received after the application deadline will not be considered.
- We encourage you to read the job description carefully before you start the process. Highlight your skills, motivation and experience and tailor your letter of interest accordingly.
- It is not necessary at this stage to send copies of qualifications such as previous employment contracts or academic qualifications.
- Candidates will receive a system-generated notification after submitting an application.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by the recruitment team.
Important points to note
- Candidates who have immediate relatives – father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister – working as staff members of UNHCR are not eligible to apply.
- UNHCR places importance on multilingualism. Candidates applying to International Professional positions are required to be fully proficient in English. A working knowledge of a second UN language (Arabic/Chinese/French/Russian/Spanish) or additional language(s) at B2 level may be essential or desirable based on operational needs.
- Please note that staff members will not normally serve in International Professional positions in the country of their nationality. In addition, in case of a first appointment upon recruitment, the assignment must be outside the staff member’s country of nationality. In case of a conversion from National Officer (NO) or General Service (GS) categories, the assignment cannot take place in the same country where the staff member is currently serving as NO or GS (irrespective of nationality).