National Activity Plan 2006: Rwanda
20 June 2006
- To raise awareness of the media and general public about refugees' feelings about the future, an essay competition (in French or Kinyarwanda) will take place in Gihembe secondary schools. A drawing competition will also be held in Gihembe, Kiziba and Kigeme primary schools. The three best pictures will receive prizes.
- Theatre performance by refugees from Gihembe camp (20 June).
- Performance of the drum club from Kigeme (20 June).
- Sport can be a way of bringing young people with different backgrounds together in a fun and peaceful way. Sport also helps ease feelings of exclusion and isolation. That is why a volleyball game between the Nyabiheke camp team and another local Rwandan team will be organized. Moreover, a football tournament will take place in Kigali on the 18th of June between urban refugees and the members of a Youth Association in Kigali.
- CINEDUC, in association with DED/UNICEF, will be organized. It will consist of showing children and teenagers educational films followed by a discussion. It will happen in Nkamira and Nyabiheke camps during the two first weeks of June.