Unit plan for ages 9-11 in Human Rights and Refugees: To Be a Refugee
- a) the definition of a refugee
- b) the concept of human equality
- c) the possible sources of stereotypes, prejudice, intolerance, racism and discrimination.
- To foster open-mindedness and respect for others.
- To encourage in the students empathy for refugees who are similar to themselves but who have lost their homes, belongings and homelands.
- To be able to identify similarities between people of different nationalities.
- To be able to detect biases, stereotypes, and egocentric attitudes in oneself and in others.