Mission and objectives
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people.
The Government of Bulgaria (GoB) is planning to end the current humanitarian accommodation programme for Ukrainian refugees staying in the hotels and state recreational facilities. In order to asses the vulnerability of the refugees who would require continuous accommodation support the GoB in collaboration with the UN agencies is going to conduct vulnerability assessment.
Government inter-agency teams are leading the move but require extensive support on the ground.
At request of the GoB, UNHCR will participate in the vulnerability assessment and will mobilize the Community Volunteers for this specific practice.
One Community Volunteer will be based in Sofia with the coordinator role of Community Volunteers in Burgas, Varna, Dobrich, Plovdiv and Blagoevgrad (around 37 Community Volunteers) in this specific practice.
Application window will be closed upon the eliciting of sufficient candidate, therefore please apply as soon as possible.
The mobilized Community Coordinator under the supervision of UNHCR will be assigned to:
1. Coordinate the work of Field Assistants (around 37 Community Volunteers) conducting vulnerability assessment at various locations (Burgas, Varna, Dobrich, Sofia, Blagoevgrad and Plovdiv districts) in the country,
2. report on activities in the field as per bellow:
• Visiting facilities currently accommodating Ukrainian refugees in their area of responsibility
• Providing information to the Ukrainian refugees on the current humanitarian accommodation programme
• Providing information to the Ukrainian refugees on the available services
• Identifying Ukrainian refugees who are unable to use their own means for the accommodation and are found vulnerable based on the criteria set for the vulnerability assessment
• Recording the information about the identified vulnerable Ukrainian refugees
• Identifying Ukrainian refugees with specific needs who require specialized services
• Preparing referrals of the Ukrainian refugees with specific needs for the specialized services
• Enforce integrity in the delivery of services provided to the Ukrainian refugees
• Performing other related duties as required
Community Volunteers will conduct various assessments, including the UNHCR regional profiling and vulnerability assessment of the Ukrainian refugees currently accommodated under the humanitarian accommodation programme.
More on how to apply, eligibility criteria and general condition you can find here:
Community Coordinator (Vulnerability Assessment) | UVP (unv.org)
Сподели във Файсбук Сподели в Туитър