Call for Application for a Pool of Interpreters from Arabic , Farsi ,Pashto , Ukrainian , Russian
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Representation in Bulgaria seeks to build a pool of potential candidates to work as interpreters from Arabic/Farsi/Pashto/Ukrainian/Russian to Bulgarian and/or English for Participatory Assessment exercises within the Age, Gender and Diversity process.
Contract period and entitlement:
As per the respective agenda of the Age, Gender and Diversity Participatory Assessment exercise in 2022. The selected applicants will be contracted under Individual Contractor Contracts in accordance with the UNHCR Rules and Regulations.
This contract is neither a regular employment with UNHCR nor does it imply such prospects on the basis of this contract.
Selection in the pool of suitable interpreters does not entitle the individual to any payment from UNHCR unless UNHCR has requested her/his interpretation service and he/she has delivered the required service.
The contracted interpreters are required to facilitate the communication between the lead interviewers/researchers and the persons of concern to UNHCR who participate in the participatory assessment process. The specific tasks of the interpreter within the scope of the assignment include the following:
– The Arabic speakers will interpret from Arabic to English/Bulgarian and vice versa
during the focus groups and individual follow-up sessions;
– The Farsi speakers will interpret from Farsi to English or Bulgarian and vice versa during the focus groups and individual follow-up sessions;
– The Pashto speakers will interpret from Pashto to Pashto or Bulgarian and vice versa during the focus groups and individual follow-up sessions;
– The Ukrainian speakers will interpret from Ukrainian to English or Bulgarian and vice versa during the focus groups and individual follow-up sessions;
– The Russian speakers will interpret from Russian to English or Bulgarian and vice versa during the focus groups and individual follow-up sessions.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and detailed resume, using the P11 standardized application form in English or Bulgarian, with copies of only the relevant certificates/diplomas by email to: [email protected] or by mail to the following address: Sofia 1000, 2 Pozitano Sq, UNHCR Representation in Bulgaria.
Application deadline: 22 July 2022
More details you can find here: