More than 1.5 million Congolese lose homes in conflict
Displaced by ongoing attacks in conflict zones such as the DRC's Ituri and North Kivu provinces, many families now live in makeshift shelters or temporary accommodation.
Escalating violence uproots farmers and herders in Niger
Forced to abandon their homes, farms and livestock, over 50,000 people have been displaced by insecurity in the border regions of west Niger.
Syrian refugee aid plan launched as births in exile hit 1 million
UN agencies and NGOs publish US$5.5 bln plan to help refugees and host countries in 2019-2020, as number of Syrian children born as refugees reaches one million.
Erbil reaps rewards by allowing Syrian refugees to flourish
Displaced Colombians open their doors to Venezuelan refugees and migrants
Vienna learns the benefit of giving warm welcome to refugees
Refugee talents on show in Kenya contest
As medical costs rise, Syrian refugees put health at risk
'Gender-based violence never got enough attention'
Press releases and news comments
- Emergency plan for refugees and migrants from Venezuela launched 14 Dec 2018
- Peace needed in South Sudan to end five years of displacement 14 Dec 2018
- Violence displaces more than 50,000 in western Niger this year 13 Dec 2018
- UNHCR warns of massive shelter needs of DR Congo's displaced 14 Dec 2018
- UNHCR urges protection of Yemeni civilians 7 Dec 2018
- UNHCR launches massive airlift of tents for Afghanistan's drought-displaced 27 Nov 2018