Storm flooding brings misery to Syrian refugees in Lebanon
One dead and more than 11,000 affected by days of heavy rain and high winds from Storm Norma, with hundreds of refugees forced to abandon their homes.
Fighting water scarcity in Cox's Bazar refugee camps
Minhaj Uddin Ahmed explains how UNHCR has stepped up efforts in Bangladesh to address the massive water and sanitation needs of Rohingya refugees and their hosts.
Thousands of asylum-seekers moved off Greek islands
As winter bites, UNHCR helps the Greek government move vulnerable asylum-seekers from reception centres on the Aegean Islands to shelter on the mainland.
Syrian refugee makes an impression at Croatian printer
Kigali sees economic sense in helping refugee entrepreneurs
Joy to behold: Deaf children's choir warms hearts at Christmas
Syrian refugee baker rises to the challenge in Germany
Refugee and immigrant girls from 19 countries unite their voices in one choir
Syrian family among millions relying on aid to survive winter
Press releases and news comments
- UNHCR shocked and saddened at death of Gdansk Mayor Pawel Adamowicz 14 Jan 2019
- UNHCR statement on Canada's resettlement of Saudi national Rahaf Al-Qunun 11 Jan 2019
- UNHCR welcomes Malta disembarkation of Sea Watch and Sea Eye passengers, calls for better, predictable approach 9 Jan 2019
- UNHCR and partners seek US$296 million for Burundi refugee crisis 15 Jan 2019
- Thousands fleeing fighting in northeast Syria – UNHCR 11 Jan 2019
- DRC inter-communal clashes drive 16,000 refugees into Congo-Brazzaville 4 Jan 2019