UN refugee chief welcomes cities' support for refugees
At a key meeting in Geneva, Filippo Grandi welcomed the role of cities in leading the shift towards a more open and inclusive approach to refugees.
States reach historic deal for refugees and commit to more effective, fairer response
UN General Assembly agrees on an innovative global framework to better serve the forcibly displaced and their host communities.
More than 1.5 million Congolese lose homes in conflict
Displaced by ongoing attacks in conflict zones such as the DRC's Ituri and North Kivu provinces, many families now live in makeshift shelters or temporary accommodation.
São Paulo helps refugees find their feet in Brazil
Erbil reaps rewards by allowing Syrian refugees to flourish
Displaced Colombians open their doors to Venezuelan refugees and migrants
Vienna learns the benefit of giving warm welcome to refugees
Refugee talents on show in Kenya contest
As medical costs rise, Syrian refugees put health at risk
Press releases and news comments
- States reach historic deal for refugees and commit to more effective, fairer response 17 Dec 2018
- Emergency plan for refugees and migrants from Venezuela launched 14 Dec 2018
- Peace needed in South Sudan to end five years of displacement 14 Dec 2018
- U$2.7 billion two-year appeal launched for Africa's largest refugee crisis: South Sudan 18 Dec 2018
- UNHCR warns of massive shelter needs of DR Congo's displaced 14 Dec 2018
- UNHCR urges protection of Yemeni civilians 7 Dec 2018