Call for Applications to the Chevening Scholarship
UNHCR Jordan is pleased to announce the launch of the Chevening Scholarship for Master’s Degree in the United Kingdom! The scholarship is available for the Master’s degree in any discipline and any British university for one academic year for the academic year 2018-2019.
UNHCR Jordan is pleased to announce the launch of the Chevening Scholarship for Master’s Degree in the United Kingdom! The scholarship is available for the Master’s degree in any discipline and any British university for one academic year for the academic year 2019-2020. This grant is provided by the UK Government and the Commonwealth, as well as local partners, such as the Said Foundation. The Chevening Scholarship is aimed at developing future leaders and influencers, academics and social activists who want to serve their communities.
The deadline for applications is 6 November 2018.
This scholarship is a golden opportunity for these leaders to develop their abilities and professional skills, as well as the opportunity to experience life and study in the UK. Advantages of the Chevening Scholarship:
- Study costs are fully funded (conditions apply for MBA programmes);
- The cost of living is fully paid in the form of a monthly salary for the whole study period;
- You can apply for a Master’s Degree in the UK for one academic year;
- There is no age limit but applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree.
Application conditions for the scholarship programme:
- Be a citizen of one of the countries covered by the grant and not a holder of the British citizenship. Syrian/Palestinian students holding Syrian travel documents and residing inside or outside Syria are entitled to apply for the scholarship (with the exception of refugee students in countries that are not covered by the Chevening Scholarship;
- You have completed your Bachelor’s degree (undergraduate studies) before the deadline for submissions of the application;
- You have two years of practical experience, whether volunteering, part-time or full-time. The applicant must prove that he or she has completed 2,800 hours of work, equivalent to two years (of five working days per week);
- English language certificate;
- You are not (nor have you been) a beneficiary of any educational grants from the Government of the UK to study in the UK.
Details on the eligibility criteria and the conditions of application are available through the following link: www.chevening.org/syria
Scholarship applications are submitted online through www.chevening.org/apply. The Deadline for submission is 6 November 2018 (midnight GMT).
Let your friends know that you are up to the challenge and that the application for this scholarship is now open. #chevening.