By Meshal El-Fayez in Amman, Jordan | 16 Oct 2018
The Ministry of Interior announced today the decision to extend the deadline for the rectification of status campaign, targeting Syrian refugees living informally in the urban areas of the Kingdom.
The extended deadline is now 31 March 2019, knowing that those who exceed this date will not be able to benefit from the rectification campaign.
Who can benefit?
- Any Syrian national that left refugee camps without a bailout or with a leave permit before 01 July 2017 and did not return;
- Syrians who arrived to Jordan through the informal borders and did not register with UNHCR.
By rectifying your status, you can benefit from the protection and assistance provided by UNHCR Jordan and you can live in urban areas in a formal way. You can also receive a new Ministry of Interior service card.
All you have to do is to follow the below steps:
- Approach any UNHCR office in urban areas (Irbid, Mafraq or Amman) or any UNHCR helpdesk or mobile registration mission across the Kingdom.
- Find out if your name is included in the list of beneficiaries from this rectification.
- If you are entitled, you can be registered at any UNHCR office or mobile registration mission, providing all the identification documents in your possession.
Once your registration with UNHCR is completed, please approach the nearest police station to complete the process.
SERVICE IS FREE OF CHARGE.
Spread the word among your community, share the link to this announcement.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter