The 1951 Refugee Convention
The 1951 Refugee Convention and 1967 Protocol
The most frequently asked questions about the treaty and its protocol.
1951 Conference of Plenipotentiaries on the Status of Refugees and Stateless Persons (Travaux préparatoires)
Records of the 1951 Conference of Plenipotentiaries on the Status of Refugees and Stateless Persons.
- Southern Africa - Roundtable Summary 12 Jan 2023
- Asia and the Pacific - Roundtable Summary 7 Dec 2022
- Americas - Roundtable Summary 6 Dec 2022
States parties, reservations and declarations (September 2019)
- 1951 Refugee Convention relating to the Status of Refugees
- 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees
Signing on Could Make all the Difference
A brochure on the benefits to governments of accession to the Refugee Convention.
Procedures for Becoming a State Party
A brochure on steps needed for a government to sign on to the Refugee Convention.