Contact the Investigation Service of the Inspector General’s Office (IGO) to report possible misconduct by using the online complaint form below.
Important notes before sending a complaint to the IGO:
- The Investigation Service does not deal directly with protection/assistance related requests that are not related to instances of possible misconduct by UNHCR staff or persons/entities with a contractual arrangement with UNHCR. These messages/complaints are normally sent by the IGO to the appropriate office in Geneva or in the field.
- The IGO is committed to ensure confidentiality of all information that it receives, including information submitted through this form. The IGO may also be contacted by confidential email or post (see contact details).
- The personal contact information submitted through this form will not be used to send unsolicited email, and will not be sold or provided to any third parties.
- Do not take any steps to investigate an allegation without IGO approval, as this would likely compromise the integrity of the investigation and/or may place you or others (such as witnesses) at risk.
Online Complaint Form
Please provide the following information when reporting misconduct:
- What alleged wrongdoing are you reporting? Describe what happened, including as many details as possible that you know.
- Who committed the alleged wrongdoing? Do you know if anyone else was involved? Provide full names, titles and organization, if possible.
- When and where did the incident(s) happen? Indicate date(s) and time(s), if available.
- How did the individual commit the alleged wrongdoing?
- Why do you believe the activity was improper?
Important: Please indicate if you have any supporting evidence to corroborate your allegation, that you could share with the IGO. The IGO may use your contact details to arrange for the provision of such evidence. Please also provide names of possible witnesses that may be contacted by the IGO.