Call for Applications for DAFI Bachelor’s degree scholarships 2019-2020
UNHCR Jordan is pleased to announce the launch of the DAFI Scholarship for Bachelor’s degree for the academic year 2019-2020.
The United Nations Higher Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is proud to announce the opening for Bachelor’s degree scholarship slots under the Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative (DAFI) programme, funded by the German Government and the Said and Asfari Foundations.
The scholarship programme is administered by UNHCR, in partnership with the Higher and further Education Opportunities and Perspectives for Syrians (HOPES) – funded by the EU – with the support of the Jubilee Center for Excellence in Education (JCEE) – Noor Al Hussein Foundation.
The scholarship covers all tuition fees, and comprises standard allowances for living, transportation and book purchase. The scholarship will be extended on an annual basis.
LIMITED SEATS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS YEAR.
Do you match the following criteria?
- Registered with UNHCR;
- All nationalities;
- Recognized as a refugee (for non-Syrians);
- Age of 28yrs or younger;
- High academic performance;
- You have original or certified academic certificates;
- You are currently not a beneficiary of any other academic scholarship;
- You are a new Tawjihi graduate;
- You do not have the financial means to complete your higher education without a scholarship;
- None of your family members are currently benefitting from a DAFI scholarship;
- Strong motivation to contribute to your community.
If you meet all these criteria and have previously applied for the DAFI scholarship but were not selected due to the limited number of available scholarships, you are strongly encouraged to re-apply again this year.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 08 AUGUST 2019
- Only ONLINE applications are accepted through the link: http://www.unhcr.io/DAFI/login.php – please create a new account using your e-mail;
- Full knowledge of English is a prerequisite for English language based subjects;
- Limited seats are available for this year;
- Scholarship is dedicated to four-year courses;
- We encourage qualified female candidates and refugees with special needs to apply;
- There are no application and processing fees for the DAFI scholarship – it is free of charge;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview;
- Interviews will be held in August at UNHCR offices in Amman, Zaatari and Azraq camp;
If all of the above conditions are met and you were not accepted in previous times due to the limited seats, we urge you to submit again this year.
The scholarship will be limited to the following universities:
- Amman Arab University – Amman
- Applied Science University – Amman
- Al Al-Bayt University – Mafraq
- Aqaba University of Technology – Aqaba
- Al-Hussein Bin Talal University – Ma’an
- Irbid National University – Irbid
- Jadara University – Irbid
- Mu’tah University – Karak
- Al Zarqaa University – Zarqaa
Required Application Documents:
- Personal photo;
- Copy of the high school certificate;
- Copy of the UNHCR Asylum Seeker Certificate or proof of registration with UNHCR;
- Copy of the Ministry of Interior (MoI) Service Card (for Syrian nationals); a copy of the passport for non-Syrian applicants.
Mentioned documents should be submitted through the online application and present during the physical interview.
For further enquiries, please call the UNHCR Helpline (06-400 8000) or contact the focal point in your area, before the deadline.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 08 AUGUST 2019
Contacts/ focal points per location:
Amman & south governorates (Salt, Zarqaa, Madaba, Karak, Ma’an, Tafilah, Aqaba): Ms. Tamara Bakez – 0796448576
Mafraq governorate & Zaatari Camp: Mr. Awad Al-Sheikh – 0791315639
Irbid, Jerash, Ajloun and Ramtha governorates: Mr. Ahmad Khader – 0797207135
Azraq Camp: Mr. Osama Sabbah – 0795028484
Jubilee Center for Excellence in Education (JCEE) – Noor Al Hussein Foundation
Amman: Ms. Tamara Kasabi – 0791294787
Amman: Ms. Hala Al Abadi – 0791294749
Irbid: Ms. Alaa Al Odat – 0799435813