Partnership with UNHCR
In July 2013, a new policy on the selection and retention of partners for UNHCR operations was instituted. The new process necessitates the selection of partners through a call for expression of interest which is reviewed internally by UNHCR through a consultative and multi-functional methodology. This is done to ensure that the process is open and fair and is conducted with due diligence and is evidenced in an objective, consistent, transparent and timely manner. Agencies wishing to partner with UNHCR as implementing partners will thus be selected after the submission of a concept note in relation to a specific “Call”. Interested agencies can also submit concept notes which would be reviewed as per the Implementing Partnership Management Guidelines. For further information, kindly contact the UNHCR Kenya Office or the Implementing Partner Management Service through [email protected].
Partnership with Government
- Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
- NGOs: CARE International, Danish Refugee Council, Don Bosco – Kenya, Fafi Integrated Development Association, FilmAid International, Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS), International Rescue Committee, Islamic Relief Kenya, Jesuit Refugee Services, Kenya Red Cross Society, Legal Advice Centre (Kituo Cha Sheria) – Kenya, Lutheran World Federation, National Council of Churches of Kenya, Norwegian Refugee Council, Peace Winds Japan, Refugee Consortium of Kenya, Relief Reconstruction and Development Organisation, Save the Children International, Windle Trust UK in Kenya, Action Africa Help International Kenya, Francis Xavier Project, Heshima Kenya, Lotus Kenya Action for Development Kenya, Pastoralist Initaitive for Development and Advocacy
- Others: UNV
- NGOs: Comitato Internazionale per Lo Sviluppo dei Popoli – CISP, Handicap International, International Service Volunteers Association, Médecins Sans Frontières – Suisse, Terre des Hommes, World Vision International – Kenya, Team and Team Korea, IsraAID, Kakuma Mission Hosiptal, Good Neighbours International, AAR Japan, The Refugee Education Trust, Centre for Torture Victims – Kenya and InterNews StarFM
- Others: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (German Agency for International Cooperation – GIZ), International Organization for Migration (IOM), United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) , The World Bank, UN Habitat, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), UN Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS), United Nations Populations Fund (UNFPA), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), World Food Programme (WFP), World Health Organization (WHO),United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) and United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Implementing Partners for Statelessness in Kenya
- NGOs: Haki Centre, Haki na Sheria, Kenya Human Rights Commission, Nubian Rights Forum and Refugee Consortium of Kenya
Read more about Statelessness and the Campaign to End Statelessness here.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter