UNHCR and UNDP sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Myanmar to support the creation of conditions for the return of refugees from Bangladesh
Joint UNHCR/UNDP Press Release
NAY PYI TAW/GENEVA/NEW YORK (06 Jun 2018) – UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, and UNDP, the UN Development Programme, signed today in Nay Pyi Taw a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
This MoU is a first and necessary step to establish a framework for cooperation between the UN and the Government aimed at creating conducive conditions for the voluntary, safe, dignified and sustainable repatriation of refugees from Bangladesh and for helping to create improved and resilient livelihoods for all communities living in Rakhine State.
For more information on this topic, please contact:
- In Yangon, Paul Vrieze, [email protected], +95 944 803 4427
- In Bangkok, Keane Shum, [email protected], +66 92 275 2585
- In Geneva, Andrej Mahecic, [email protected], +41 79 642 9709
- In Yangon : Stanislav Saling, [email protected], +95 9 42651 9871
- In New York: Christina LoNigro, [email protected], +1 212 906 5301