Unit plan for ages 12-14 in History: The Rwandan Crisis 1994
- To understand the background of events which shook Rwanda in 1994.
- To understand what genocide is.
- To understand the process and reasons which triggered the flow of refugees from Rwanda into neighbouring countries.
- To practise research skills:
- defining a problem
- seeking appropriate information sources
- identifying relevant information from the sources
- critically analysing the information
- organising the information to answer particular questions
- clear written expression
- To appreciate the importance of moral values.
- To appreciate the importance of respect for others, particularly people different from oneself.