World Refugee Day 2004 National Activity Plan: El Salvador
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2004
An ecumenical celebration will take place at the Cuscatlán Park, a park dedicated to the civil victims of human rights violations.
San Salvador will host a special forum on refugees, as well as talks and conferences with NGOs, governmental institutions, colleges and other relevant actors.
A special World Refugee Day stamp will be issued by the Salvadoran Post Office.
- UNHCR calls for urgent action as Central America asylum claims soar
- As gang violence worsens, more Salvadorans flee
- Stabbed 58 times, transgender woman flees El Salvador
- UNHCR warns of "looming refugee crisis" in the Americas
- Fleeing gangs, Salvadoran tailors make new life in Mexico