His Excellency Sheikh Thani Bin Abdullah Bin Thani Al-Thani
It is truly an honor to support efforts which make a tangible difference in the lives of forcibly displaced people globally. Life in displacement can be immensely challenging for millions for people; this is why partnering with UNHCR ensures that critical assistance reaches the most vulnerable forcibly displaced people who rely on humanitarian aid to survive.
About the partnership
Location: Yemen, Lebanon, Chad, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
H.E. Sheikh Thani bin Abdullah bin Thani Al-Thani is a prominent businessman and a well-known philanthropist in Qatar. He has been supporting UNHCR's programme since 2019 and has helped around 2.8 million refugees (in Lebanon, Bangladesh, Chad, and Pakistan) and internally displaced persons (in Yemen).
Impact at a glance
- More than 2.8 million refugees and internally displaced persons have benefitted from the generous contributions of His Excellency Sheikh Thani Bin Abdullah Bin Thani Al-Thani.
- The 2020 contribution is now the largest contribution ever made by an individual donor to UNHCR.
- In October 2019 H.E. Sheikh Thani Bin Abdullah Bin Thani Al-Thani, was bestowed the title of UNHCR’s Eminent Advocate.
Sustainable Development Goals in focus
- SDG1 No Poverty
- SDG2 Zero Hunger
- SDG3 Good Health and Well-being
- SDG6 Clean Water and Sanitation