The UNHCR Representation to Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan is recruiting to fill the position of Senior Administrative Assistant, based in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Contract Type: GS5
Application Deadline: 04 December 2022
The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to UNHCR offices and operations across Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. The Senior Administrative Assistant may liaise with local suppliers and/or officials and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
Terms of Reference
- Assist in interpreting and processing of entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files.
- Attend meetings on day-to-day admin matters; administer the movement of UNHCR staff members and monitor their attendance records, leave plans, overtime and visa requirements.
- Search office files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and reference. Select information and records in specified format or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or programme plans and general reference documents.
- Assist in requisition of office supplies, equipment and arrange for distribution together with the appropriate inventory records.
- Assist in administrative formalities related to travel arrangements and issuance/ renewal of visas, licences, travel arrangements and other similar documents.
- Draft correspondence and reports, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility; Type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which may be highly confidential.
- Arrange appointments and maintain supervisor’s calendar, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion; Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps.
- Assist the management to organise and run UNHCR Offices.
- Facilitate various official missions of UNHCR staff and other persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Prepare attestations and certificates required by the staff members for signature of senior officer.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
- For G5, 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma, or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor degree or higher.
Field(s) of Experience
- Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources, or other related field.
- Fluency in English and Russian
- Desirable: knowledge of another Central Asia language
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power. As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
For more information, and to apply for the position, see: Senior Administrative Assistant on the UNHCR Careers platform.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter