Call for applications for DAFI Bachelor’s degree scholarships 2020-2021
UNHCR Jordan is pleased to announce the launch of the DAFI Scholarship for Bachelor’s degree for the academic year 2020-2021.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is proud to announce the opening for Bachelor’s degree scholarship slots under the Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative (DAFI) programme, funded by the German Government and the Said and Asfari Foundations.
The scholarship programme is administered by UNHCR, in partnership with Noor Al Hussein Foundation.
The scholarship covers all tuition fees, and comprises standard allowances for living, transportation and book purchase. The scholarship will be extended on an annual basis.
LIMITED SEATS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS YEAR.
Do you match the following criteria?
- Registered with UNHCR;
- All nationalities;
- Age of 28 years or younger;
- High academic performance;
- You have original academic certificates;
- You are currently not a beneficiary of any other academic scholarship;
- You do not have the financial means to complete your higher education without a scholarship;
- None of your family members are currently benefitting from a DAFI scholarship;
- Strong motivation to contribute to your community.
- Applications are open for students who completed the Jordanian high school (Tawjihi) for the academic year 2020;
If you meet all these criteria and have previously applied for the DAFI scholarship but were not selected due to the limited number of available scholarships, you are strongly encouraged to re-apply again this year.
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN FROM from 6/9/2020 to 10/9/2020
- Only ONLINE applications are accepted through the link: http://unhcr.io/DAFI/ ;
- Full knowledge of English is a prerequisite for English language based subjects;
- Limited seats are available for this year;
- We encourage qualified female candidates and refugees with special needs to apply;
- There are no application and processing fees for the DAFI scholarship – it is free of charge;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview;
- Interviews will be held in September 2020; shortlisted candidates will be informed on the location of the interview, in addition to the safety and health measures required.
The scholarship will be limited to the following universities:
- Amman Arab University – Amman
- Al-Zaytouna – Amman
- Al Al-Bayt University – Mafraq
- Aqaba University of Technology – Aqaba
- Al-Hussein Bin Talal University – Ma’an
- Irbid National University – Irbid
- Jadara University – Irbid
- Mu’tah University – Karak
- Al Zarqaa University – Zarqaa
Required Application Documents:
- Personal photo;
- Copy of the high school certificate (Tawjihi);
- Copy of the UNHCR Asylum Seeker Certificate or proof of registration with UNHCR;
- Copy of the Ministry of Interior (MoI) Service Card (for Syrian nationals); a copy of the passport for non-Syrian applicants.
Mentioned documents should be submitted through the online application and present during the physical interview.
For further enquiries, please call the UNHCR Helpline (064008000) or contact the focal point in your area, before the deadline.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10 SEPTEMBER 2020
Contacts/ focal points per location:
UNHCR Office Info-Line : 06 400 8000
Amman and South Governorates: Tamara 0796448576
Irbid, Jerash, Ajloun, and Ramtha Governorates: Ayman 0791109864.
Mafraq governorate and Zataari camp: Awad Al-Sheikh: 079131 56 39.
Azraq Camp and Emirati Jordanian Camp: Osama Sabbah 0795028484
Jubilee Center for Excellence in Education (JCEE) – Noor Al Hussein Foundation
Amman: Ms. Hala Al Abadi – 0791294749
Irbid: Ms. Shatha Darabseh – 0790877206