7 July 2022
Vacancy Notice – Information Management Associate
UNHCR Malta is recruiting an Information Management Associate.
The post is open to both Internal and External applicants.
The Information Management Associate supports the production and dissemination of information on the population of concern, including but not limited to Protection and Programme information.
The incumbent operationalizes data standards developed at the central level in field operations, compiles and explores data from all populations of concern. S/he supports the Programme Team and UNHCR’s implementing partners in the choice of indicators for monitoring to be included in sub-agreements as well as the Protection Team in operationalizing protection monitoring systems.
– Operationalize country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners, including UNHCR data standards and the IASC Common Operational Datasets.
– Compile and aggregate information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
– Collect, collate and process information and perform data quality and consistency control.
– Produce summary statistics.
– Support the coordination of data collection teams.
– Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
– Share UNHCR data with partner agencies and maintain Portal data and information in-line with agreed frequencies.
– Participate in Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and data exploration.
– Liaise with partners and represent UNHCR in meetings related to the functions.
– Make recommendations and provide advice on the technical information management requirements.
– Perform other related duties as required.
How to apply:
Group 1 and Group 2 applicants are requested to apply through MSRP – Self-Service – Recruiting Activities – Careers.
For any technical problems encountered during the on-line application, please contact the Global Service Desk well before the deadline to allow sufficient time for problems to be resolved.
Interested external applicants are also invited to apply online and complete the mandatory motivation letter.
For help with technical issues with online applications, please contact the Global Service Desk ([email protected]) well before the deadline to allow sufficient time for any technical problems to be resolved.
External vacancies are posted on the external UNHCR website and applicants who do not have internal status must apply through the external UNHCR website, https://www.unhcr.org/careers.html> Careers > Career opportunities > Other Opportunities > Vacancies, sort by Location or search by Job Opening number.
Not signed, incomplete and late applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake a written test. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted based on the information submitted during the application. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted.
Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Deadline to submit applications: Monday 18 July 2022, 23:59