23 June 2021
Vacancy Notice – Information Management Associate (G6)
UNHCR Malta is recruiting an Information Management Associate.
The post is open to both Internal and External applicants.
The Information Management Associate supports the production and dissemination of information on the population of concern, including but not limited to Protection and Programme information.
The incumbent operationalizes data standards developed at the central level in field operations, compiles and explores data from all populations of concern. S/he supports the Programme Team and UNHCR’s implementing partners in the choice of indicators for monitoring to be included in sub-agreements as well as the Protection Team in operationalizing protection monitoring systems.
– Operationalize country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners, including UNHCR data standards and the IASC Common Operational Datasets.
– Compile and aggregate information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
– Collect, collate and process information and perform data quality and consistency control.
– Produce summary statistics.
– Support the coordination of data collection teams.
– Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
– Share UNHCR data with partner agencies and maintain Portal data and information in-line with agreed frequencies.
– Participate in Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and data exploration.
– Liaise with partners and represent UNHCR in meetings related to the functions.
– Make recommendations and provide advice on the technical information management requirements.
– Perform other related duties as required.
How to apply:
Group 1 and Group 2 applicants are invited to apply on-line through the MSRP portal and fill in the letter of interest. Group 1 and Group 2 applicants are requested to apply through MSRP – Self-Service – Recruiting Activities – Careers.
For any technical problems encountered during the on-line application, please contact the Global Service Desk well before the deadline to allow sufficient time for problems to be resolved.
Please visit the UNHCR careers portal.
Click on ‘Malta’ under the ‘Country’ menu on the left-hand panel, or search for ‘Malta’ in the keywords search bar. Then select ‘Info Management Associate’ . You will be directed to a page with the full job description and application instructions.
We invite all applicants to update their fact sheets (languages, education and prior working experience) before submitting their applications.
Deadline to submit applications: Tuesday 6 July 2021, 23:59