Our patrons play a vital role at UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, by increasing awareness of the issues that refugees face, and the steps we’re taking to overcome them. They also encourage people to become supporters and help fund our life-saving work.
Since 2018, the honorary title of UNHCR Patron has been bestowed upon individuals who have used their standing and influence to change attitudes towards refugees and raise awareness of the refugee crises and the work of UNHCR.
Our patrons are people who have worked tirelessly over many years to shed light on UNHCR’s vital activities and their impact on refugees around the world.
- Dr. Ayedh Dabsan Al Qahtani has been an active supporter of UNHCR’s programmes and has been raising funds to help provide for the displaced globally since 2015.
- H.E. Sheikh Khalifa Bin Thani Bin Abdullah Bin Thani Al-Thani of Qatar is an active advocate for the displaced globally.
- HRH Princess Sarah Zeid of Jordan is a member of the UNHCR Advisory Group and an active advocate for maternal and newborn health.
- The Venerable Phra Medhivajirodom has been an active supporter of the global Nobody Left Outside campaign, which has been raising funds to help provide shelter to refugee families since 2016.
- Dr. Lam Kin Chung of Hong Kong is committed to promoting peace, education and culture for refugees and marginalized populations since 2017.